The summer slump is a common phenomenon among online businesses. Sales tend to dip during the hotter months, as people are spending more time outdoors and less time shopping online. Especially with the world opening up again as COVID becomes less of an issue, people will spend more of their money on activities & travel and less time shopping online.
But just because sales are down doesn’t mean that your business has to suffer. There are plenty of ways to use the summer slump to your advantage, and come out ahead when business picks back up in the fall.
Here are a few tips on how Shopify merchants can make the most of the summer slowdown:
- Use it as an opportunity to reassess your business goals and strategies.
- Take advantage of slower shipping times to stock up on inventory at discounted rates.
- Use the lull in sales to focus on marketing and promotion, so you’re ready to hit the ground running when business picks back up.
- Use the extra time to work on developing new products or improving your website design.
- Take a break! The summer is a great time to recharge your batteries and come back refreshed and ready to take on the second half of the year.
- By following these tips, you can use the summer slump as an opportunity to improve your business and be in a stronger position when things pick back up in the fall.
A Helping Hand from ShopFox
Contact us today to learn more about how ShopFox can help your online store build trust and get more sales.